Ask for info or book our hotel in Macerata
Some tips about our Hotel in Macerata
The Hotel Lauri is located in Via Tommaso Lauri n.6.
Its name comes from the homonymous street assigned to the count Tommaso Lauri, born in Florence (1818) and dead in Macerata (1894).
He never married so he hadn’t direct heirs. His city palace hosts now the Chamber of Commerce, just in front the Hotel at the building number 7.
The palace where the Hotel Lauri is located was owned by the noble family Viscardi, which has named the alley on the right side since 1950.
How to arrive at the hotel
The elegant palace of the XVII century is situated in a privileged central position , nevertheless reserves to our Guest a unique tranquillity.
The Hotel can be reached easily by car, avoiding restricted areas and pedestrian zones, so that our Guest can unload their luggage and get to the private parking car outside the city walls, in via Leopardi, very close to the Hotel. Thanks to its favourable position all the most important points of historic, artistic and cultural interest can be easily reached.
The Hotel can be reached even by those who travel by train or by bus.
By car from the highway
- Get off the highway CIVITANOVA MARCHE – MACERATA
- At the roundabout take the third exit and then take the SS77 on the right, FOLIGNO – MACERATA direction.
- Take the exit MACERATA SUD – CORRIDONIA – PIEDIRIPA
- Follow the directions for MACERATA – Macerata CENTRO STORICO
- Once you take Rampa Zara( Via Zara), the only one way to the Historic Centre, go straight on to the main place Via Don Minzoni/Piazza della Libertà (Limited traffic zone) and get the right direction Corso Matteotti, that lead directly to our Hotel. You can park in front of our building to leave your luggage. Don’t mind about Limited traffic Zone/Pedestrian area, because our guests are allowed on them! To avoid any fines , we gently ask you to inform us about your driving in the no traffic zone and ask for the form to fulfil at the check-in. Attention: We do not suggest the GPS navigation devices when you access the old city centre, since they avoid Limited traffic and pedestrian zones. By using them you’ll probably take other ways. Please keep up to the directions we gave previously.
Walking route from the station
- Take Viale Don Bosco on the left, when you get off the station
- Once you arrive at the city walls, take the stairs Piaggia della Torre
- When you’re at Piazza della Libertà take c.so Matteotti
- At the end of c.so Matteotti you arrive at T. Lauri
By bus from the railway station
- Take the bus CIRCOLARE C;
- Get off at the stop Rampa Zara
- Go on walking in via Giacomo Leopardi
- Enter inside the city wall in via XXX Aprile that leads to via T. Lauri
- Arrival. You will find Hotel Lauri on your right at house number 6!
From Hotel Lauri to the railway station
- Take the bus LINEA 7 OR LINEA 8 in via Rampa Zara or Viale Leopardi
- Get off at the stop “STAZIONE”
Otherwise our Staff will be glad to reserve for you our trusted taxy driver from/to the railway station!
Walking route from bus station- Piazza Pizzarello
- Piazza Ugo Pizzarello
- Take via Novembre towards via Cioci
- Once you arrive in Corso Cavour carry on towards Piazza Annessione
- Go on towards via Giuseppe Garibaldi
- Turn right in via Tommaso Lauri